PR CONCEPTS & STRATEGY
Course DescriptionExamines the various functions of public relations in IMC, its impact on key publics and its role in society. Covers the field’s evolution, the responsibilities of PR practitioners, law and ethics and emerging trends/strategies.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 618, you will:
- Identify the role public relations plays in an IMC campaign.
- Compare and contrast the communication disciplines relevant to the field of public relations.
- Recognize the many publics that must be identified, analyzed and potentially integrated into a public relations campaign.
- Identify the criteria used to create public relations messages according to PR professional associations and the methods used to assess the effectiveness of those messages.
- Recognize the importance of ethics and professionalism in public relations according to the code of ethics ny PRSA.
- Develop a comprehensive public relations plan designed address to a specific communications problem.
Topics in this course may include: The Basics of Public Relations
Using Research Methods for Effective Communication
The Publics of Public Relation
Public Relations Strategies & Tactics Scheduling and Budgeting
PR Measurement & Evaluation
Final PR Plan Due / Reflections
This information was taken directly from the syllabus of this IMC course. While it is our intent to supply students with an accurate overview of the class, please note that the information was used in a previous session and, thus, is subjec t to change without notice.