ADVANCED CREATIVE CONCEPTS
Course DescriptionEmphasizes the creative aspects of executing an IMC strategy including visual branding, verbal branding, creative direction and art direction. Focuses on conceiving, developing, expressing and executing a coherent visual identity using a comprehensive IMC strategy.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of IMC 625, students will be able to:
- Conduct in-depth research and outline a case study of a brand including its mission, voice, visual identity and target market.
- Research, analyze and recommend appropriate media from a selection of print, digital and social media vehicles used by contemporary publishers for content delivery and brand marketing.
- Conceive, develop and express complex visual ideas and concepts, translating them into a coherent visual identity that reinforces the marketing objectives and builds the brand.
- Apply professional creative direction and art direction techniques across print, digital and social media.
- Write, design and produce marketing executions that effectively express the visual identity and IMC strategy for the brand.
The final project for IMC 625 requires that you thoughtfully build on each exercise to develop a coherent and appropriate visual campaign for the brand. This will require that you thoroughly research the brand, content (its “voice”, mission and lifestyle message) and its target audience, and that you execute the visual and verbal creative work to express the brand across a comprehensive IMC plan. This includes: 1) researching the product, market and competition and devising a plan to effectively differentiate the brand visually in the marketplace, 2) identifying the brand’s “voice”, content and lifestyle message and creating an appropriate visual expression of this content, 3) determining media and articulating technical specifications for a visual campaign; and 4) developing and designing advertising, sales promotion, direct marketing and public relations recommendations and creative pieces that are visually and verbally unified.
Topics in this course may include: Intro to a Lifestyle Title Launch; New Ideas in Content Delivery
Creative Visual Strategies and Techniques in IMC
Art Direction and Mock Photoshoot
Media Considerations and Techniques
Video Storyboarding for Television and the Internet
New Roles for Social Media
Putting it All Together: Reinforcing a Creative Strategy with a Unified Visual Identity
This information was taken directly from the syllabus of this IMC course. While it is our intent to supply students with an accurate overview of the class, please note that the information was used in a previous session and, thus, is subjec t to change without notice.