Careers in IMC
The WVU IMC network is 1,200+ strong.
WVU IMC graduates have opportunities to network with alumni all over the world who hold positions in a broad range of strategic marketing positions, including:
- Brand managers
- Marketing directors
- Public relations directors
- Business owners
Access the MC Network
The Soft Sell: The Soft Skills Employers Want and How to Market Them
Presented by WVU Reed College of Media Director of Student Careers and Opportunities, Eric Minor
You'd think being a "people person" or a "lifelong learner" would be desirable skills for early-career job candidates, and they are. But are you just asking your prospective boss to take your word for it that the nice things you're saying about yourself are true? Soft skills are a big part of what you bring to the table! Let's talk about how whether you're doing the best possible PR for yourself!
By the end of this webinar you will be able to:
- Identify the soft skills communications professionals are expected to have and the ones that are unexpected
- Effectively prove these to employers in a way that doesn't just ask them to "take your word for it"
- Develop those skills if you're lacking in them
- Identify these skills if you don't know you have them
Post a Job
IMC alumni and friends in the industry are encouraged to submit job announcements. Submissions will be posted here as we receive them.Post a Job