The Creative Strategy Area of Emphasis is intended to prepare students for careers focusing on the creative aspects of integrated marketing communications planning and execution. Students engage in course work focused in advanced creative concepts, digital storytelling, visual information design and content creation.
You'll learn to:
- Design marketing and communications branding to create a visual identification for an IMC brand strategy.
- Explore branding in terms of mission, voice, color psychology and visual identity.
- Convey and learn to express complex visual ideas and concepts.
- Research, analyze and recommend appropriate media from a selection of print, digital and social media vehicles used by contemporary publishers for content delivery and brand marketing.
- Conceive, develop and express complex visual ideas and concepts, translating them into a coherent visual identity that builds a brand and reinforces its marketing objectives.
- Explore how the role of content is evolving in the modern marketing landscape and how to apply different types of content generation to new and traditional marketing channels.
- Create storyboards for content development and develop script writing techniques for production. Understand how color, layout, and typography can be used to create a compelling visual message and brand.
- Apply professional creative direction and art direction techniques across print, digital and social media.
To satisfy the requirements of the Creative Strategy Area of Emphasis, a student must complete the four required courses shown above. Three of the courses required for an AOE may also be applied to an IMC student’s elective requirement, with the fourth taken in addition to the general IMC master’s degree requirements. Note, that a cumulative GPA of 2.75 is required for graduation from the IMC program. Courses and grades from the Area of Emphasis will be counted towards a student's cumulative GPA (a C- or better is required in courses, with an overall cumulative GPA of 2.75) in the IMC program.
Questions? Contact our Enrollment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-293-6278.