Digital and Social Media
The Digital and Social Media Area of Emphasis is entirely online and will prepare students for careers utilizing digital and social media as part of a greater integrated marketing communications strategy. Students are exposed to course work focused in social media, web metrics and search engine optimization, digital storytelling and video production.
You'll learn to:
- Identify, incorporate and implement digital and social media marketing tactics in an integrated marketing communications strategy.
- Define legal and ethical considerations and federal guidelines associated with digital and social media marketing activities.
- Develop a comprehensive social media marketing communications plan.
- Plan digital content to utilize on social media sites: i.e. vlogging, video news letters, short video for social media site production, podcasts, etc.
- Develop digital content relevant to the target audience for owned, earned, and paid digital and social media channels.
- Interpret key social media metrics and demonstrate knowledge in tracking social media sites. Learn to utilize web analytics tools and SEO in campaign assessment.
- Evaluate ROI for digital and social media marketing plans.
To satisfy the requirements of the Digital and Social Media Area of Emphasis, IMC students must complete the four required courses shown above. Three of the courses required for an AOE may also be applied to an IMC student’s elective requirement, with the fourth taken in addition to the general IMC master’s degree requirements. Note, that a cumulative GPA of 2.75 is required for graduation from the IMC program. Courses and grades from the Area of Emphasis will be counted towards a student's cumulative GPA (a C- or better is required in courses, with an overall cumulative GPA of 2.75) in the IMC program.
Questions? Contact our Enrollment Specialist at email@example.com or 304-293-6278.