Higher Education Marketing
The Higher Education AOE will prepare IMC students for careers utilizing integrated marketing communications strategies for student recruitment and institutional branding initiatives. Students will be exposed to course work focused in higher education marketing, multicultural marketing or diversity and inclusion, content marketing and social media.
You'll learn to:
- Research target markets, and develop an understanding of cross cultural marketing communications.
- Develop branding strategies that speak to consumers cross culturally.
- Define ethical marketing in a multicultural society.
- Create a strong multicultural IMC campaign.
- Explain how to track social media metrics.
- Develop a strong social media IMC campaign for higher education.
- Estimate ROI for social media.
- Define federal guidelines associated with social media channels and networks.
- Demonstrate how to target specific markets through social media campaigns.
- Develop content for higher education IMC campaigns.
- Recognize strategies involved with creating strong content for marketing.
- Describe how to utilize technology in content creation.
- Define the difference between Owned, Earned & Paid media and demonstrate how to write for each.
To satisfy the requirements of the Higher Education Area of Emphasis, a student must complete the four required courses above. Three of the courses required for an AOE may also be applied to an IMC student’s elective requirement, with the fourth taken in addition to the general IMC master’s degree requirements. Note, that a cumulative GPA of 2.75 is required for graduation from the IMC program. Courses and grades from the Area of Emphasis will be counted towards a student's cumulative GPA (a C- or better is required in courses, with an overall cumulative GPA of 2.75) in the IMC program.
Questions? Contact our Enrollment Specialist at email@example.com or 304-293-6278.