A Creative Strategy Graduate Certificate is available in a 5-course (15-credit) format. Students must take IMC 610 - Introduction to IMC, followed by the elective courses listed below. To apply, designate your Admission Type as Graduate Certificate and under Intended Program select Creative Strategy (CG48).
Graduate certificates are also a great way for IMC alumni to continue their education and stay on top of the latest trends. Alumni who have already taken IMC 610 can choose any other IMC or DMC course to fulfill the 15 credit hours required.
The graduate certificate program is non-degree-seeking and not eligible for financial aid. However, students who start in the certificate program can transfer into the full IMC master's degree, if they choose, before completion of the certificate. You can apply for financial aid at that time.
You'll learn to:
- Design marketing and communications branding to create a visual identification for an IMC brand strategy.
- Explore branding in terms of mission, voice, color psychology and visual identity.
- Convey and learn to express complex visual ideas and concepts.
- Research, analyze and recommend appropriate media from a selection of print, digital and social media vehicles used by contemporary publishers for content delivery and brand marketing.
- Conceive, develop and express complex visual ideas and concepts, translating them into a coherent visual identity that builds a brand and reinforces its marketing objectives.
- Explore how the role of content is evolving in the modern marketing landscape and how to apply different types of content generation to new and traditional marketing channels.
- Create storyboards for content development and develop script writing techniques for production. Understand how color, layout, and typography can be used to create a compelling visual message and brand.
- Apply professional creative direction and art direction techniques across print, digital and social media.
Questions? Contact our Enrollment Specialist at email@example.com or 304-293-6278.