Public Relations Leadership
A Public Relations Leadership Graduate Certificate is available in a 5-course (15-credit) format. Students must take IMC 610 - Introduction to IMC, followed by the elective courses listed below. To apply, designate your Admission Type as Graduate Certificate and under Intended Program select Public Relations Leadership (CG53).
Graduate certificates are also a great way for IMC alumni to continue their education and stay on top of the latest trends. Alumni who have already taken IMC 610 can choose any other IMC or DMC course to fulfill the 15 credit hours required.
The graduate certificate program is non-degree-seeking and not eligible for financial aid. However, students who start in the certificate program can transfer into the full IMC master's degree, if they choose, before completion of the certificate. You can apply for financial aid at that time.
You'll learn to:
- Define the role of public relations in executive leadership, including methods to analyze an organization, identify and develop favorable messages to persuade a variety of internal and external publics, and disseminate messaging through available digital, social and traditional media.
- Develop a comprehensive organizational public relations plan to support C-suite thought leadership and business objectives.
- Utilize market research and data analysis to plan PR activities and improve PR effectiveness.
- Plan and develop content, including research briefs, SWOT analyses, speech writing, account pitches, and media relations materials.
- Learn to anticipate and differentiate among different types of crisis and how to communicate effectively about them to both internal and external stakeholders/audiences.
- Incorporate crisis and internal communication planning into IMC campaign strategy.
- Explain digital and social media effectiveness as it relates to reputation management and persuasion. Learn how to manage negative opinions and feedback online.
- Evaluate and report ROI results of PR, crisis and other communication campaign efforts, including executive communications.
Questions? Contact our Enrollment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-293-6278.