Course DescriptionExplores direct and interactive marketing from an IMC perspective. Includes database marketing, direct marketing message strategies across multiple media, direct and interactive marketing metrics and the role of direct and interactive marketing in IMC campaigns.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 616, students will be able to:
- Discuss the historical roots of direct marketing and understand the reasons for the continued growth of the field.
- Explain the importance of testing and show how the results of direct/interactive marketing campaigns can be measured and applied.
- Construct quality decisions based upon value and return using proper analytical metrics.
- Define and segment target markets based on marketing communications objectives.
- Demonstrate the importance of databases in direct marketing and their use in CRM.
- Describe the various applications of interactive (digital) media in direct marketing.
- Understand the role of creative strategy in direct marketing and create the promotional tactics commonly used in the field.
- Plan, strategize, design and defend a direct marketing program.
|Topics in this course may include:|
|Introduction to Direct/Interactive Marketing
|Segmentation & Database Marketing
|Direct Marketing Promotions & Economics
|Direct/Interactive Marketing Lists & Media
|Planning & Creating Compelling Message Strategies
|Introduction to Testing
|Digital/Interactive Marketing Media; Research & Measurement in Direct/Interactive
This information was taken directly from the syllabus of this IMC course.
While it is our intent to supply students with an accurate overview of the
class, please note that the information was used in a previous session and,
thus, is subject to change without notice.