B2B Direct Marketing
Course DescriptionCourse builds upon the basics of Direct Marketing developed in IMC 616. Students will learn to apply those concepts and techniques in the world of Business-to-Business (B2B) IMC Direct Marketing. Some assignments allow the students to apply the strategies and tactics to their present employment.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Explain the differences between B2B and B2C markets, and how to segment the B2B market.
- Identify the specific challenges that B2B marketers face and how to use proven direct marketing tactics to solve those challenges.
- Identify legal issues in direct marketing.
- Explain the process of lead generation as a result of direct marketing, and how to manage, identify and follow up on leads to assure maximum profitability.
- Leverage lead syncing with customer relationship management (CRM) systems and work with sales teams.
- Use advanced online marketing techniques to enhance the direct marketing function for B2B profitability and distribution partnerships.
- Explain how B2B brand management benefits from direct marketing.
- Explain how to utilize metrics to measure the ROI of direct marketing strategies.
- Devise hands-on tactical creative strategies for successful B2B direct marketing campaigns.
- Connect with and learn from online guest speakers, who are professionals in the
field of B2B direct marketing.
- Develop a “real life” Direct Marketing campaign for a publicly-held company.
|Topics in this course may include:|
|How B2B Differs from Consumer Marketing & Challenges
|Developing “OST” for B2B Direct Marketing Campaigns and Lead Generation
|Using CRM Systems with the Sales Team
|Proven Creative Strategies for B2B Direct Marketing Implementation
|Online & Other Email Marketing Techniques; “Email Makeover”
|The Issue with Lists & Leveraging the Channel with Direct Marketing Campaigns
|Managing B2B Sales Leads; Measuring ROI from your Sales Lead Programs
|Managing the B2B Brand Asset with Direct Marketing
|Ethical & Legal Issues in B2B Direct Marketing
This information was taken directly from the syllabus of this IMC course.
While it is our intent to supply students with an accurate overview of the class,
please note that the information was used in a previous session and, thus, is
subject to change without notice.