Diversity & Inclusion in IMC
This course will focus on the practical application of the varying notions of diversity and inclusion and their impact on marketing and communications brand strategy to diverse consumers and audiences. The concept of culture will be dissected as it relates to cohort comprehension and acceptance or rejection of companies or brands. The role of ethics and corporate social responsibility in diversity/multicultural marketing and communications will also be explored.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 645, students will be able to:
- Define the role of marketing and communications as it pertains to portraying a brand or person’s acceptance and/or celebration of diversity and inclusion in the marketplace
- Identify the benefits of relevant/authentic communications and marketing to African-American, Hispanic, LGBTQ, Female and Millennial audiences.
- Recognize the inherent challenges associated with effective diversity/multicultural marketing and communications.
- Analyze the cultural miscues many companies/brands make.
- Discuss the significance of ethics and corporate social responsibility when communicating with diverse or multicultural audiences.
|1||Class Overview – Defining Diversity and Inclusion, and Understanding the
|2||The Influence of Culture on Marketing and Communications To Multicultural
|3||Millennials and The Impact of Social Media on the Discussion of Diversity
and Inclusion and Brands
|4||Marketing to and Communicating with an African-American Audience
|5||Marketing to and Communicating with a Hispanic Audience
|6||Marketing to and Communicating with an LGBTQ Audience
|7||When Companies Get it Wrong; The Role of Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
This information was taken directly from the syllabus of this IMC course. While it is our intent to supply students with an accurate overview of the class, please note that the information was used in a previous session and, thus, is subject to change without notice.