Requesting a Final Grade Confirmation Letter
Requesting Final Grade Confirmation
This section intends to clarify the final grade documentation process for those who must submit proof of final grades to their employer for tuition reimbursement or tuition support.
Effective January 2015, the process for requesting final grade confirmation letters has changed. The WVU IMC program is no longer authorized to issue final grade confirmation letters to students. Please find details below about the new process.
Because the IMC program operates on a five-term system rather than the traditional University semester system, there can be a delay in the generation of official grade reports for IMC students. Students are currently able to access final course grades in STAR through MIX using the instructions below for checking final grades.
Options for providing final grade documentation to your employer: For students requiring grade documentation for employee reimbursement programs, there are three types of unofficial documentation available to IMC students. The only official source of grades is through the University transcript. Students are encouraged to work with their employers to determine whether an unofficial grade document is permissible, or whether an official University transcript is required.
- STAR: You may use the instructions listed below to access and print your grades through your MIX account (see below).
- E-mail: Your final grade will be sent by your instructor/s through eCampus.
- Unofficial Grade Confirmation Letter: Through Fall 2015, IMC students may request an unofficial final grade confirmation letter from the Office of the University Registrar at email@example.com. Please note important instructions related to this process:
- An IMC student’s request for a final grade confirmation letter must be sent from their MIX e-mail account.
- The e-mail should include Name, Student ID number and the course for which they are requesting a grade.
- The request for unofficial grade confirmation letters should not be made until the student’s final grade is visible in STAR.
- Point your browser to http://www.mix.wvu.edu/.
- You will see the “Mountaineer Xpress” window with the MIX Login Screen.
- Enter your Username and Password. If your MIX account is firstname.lastname@example.org, then your Username is jdoe. If you were admitted to the University prior to July 11, 2004 your password is your two-digit day of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security Number (unless you changed your password). For example, if your date of birth is May 3, 1974 and your Social Security Number is 123-45-6789, then your password is 036789. If you were admitted to the University after July 11, 2004, your password is your two-digit day of birth and the last four digits of your WVU ID.
- Click “OK.”
- On the next page, click the STAR tab on the top.
- Click the WVU STAR Information System link.
- Click on “Student Services and Financial Aid.”
- Select “Student Records” link.
- Select desired link to check grades.
- University Transcript: The only official source of final course grade information is via a West Virginia University transcript. Official transcripts can be requested at: http://registrar.wvu.edu/academic-records/transcripts.