B2B DIRECT MARKETING
Course DescriptionCourse builds upon the basics of Direct Marketing developed in IMC 616. Students will learn to apply those concepts and techniques in the world of Business-to-Business IMC Direct Marketing. Some assignments allow the students to apply the strategies and tactics to their present employment.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Learn the differences between B-to-B and B-to-C markets and how to segment the B-to-B market
- Identify the specific challenges that B-to-B marketers face and how to use proven DM tactics to solve those challenges
- Understand legal issues of Direct Marketing
- Learn about Lead Generation through Direct Marketing and how to manage, identify and followup leads for profitability
- Leverage lead synching with your CRM system and work with your sales team
- Use advanced on-line marketing techniques to enhance the Direct Marketing function for B-to-B profitability and distribution partnerships
- Learn how B-to-B brand management benefits from Direct Marketing
- Learn how to build in metrics to measure ROI of Direct Marketing strategies
- Learn hands-on tactical creative strategies for successful B-to-B Direct Marketing campaigns
- “Meet” an on-line “guest speaker” who are professionals in this field and learn from their experiences.
- Develop a “real life” Direct Marketing campaign for a publically-held company
|Topics in this course may include:|
|How B-to-B differs from Consumer Marketing & Challenges
|Developing “OST” for B-to-B DM campaigns and Lead Generation Management
|Using CRM systems with the Sales Team
|Proven Creative Strategies for B-to-B DM Implementation
|Online and other Email Marketing techniques; “Email Makeover”
|The Issue with Lists and Leveraging the Channel with DM campaigns
|Managing B-to-B Sales Leads; Measuring ROI from your Sales Lead Programs
|Managing the B-to-B Brand Asset with DM
|Ethical and Legal Issues in B-to-B Direct Marketing
This information was taken directly from the syllabus of this IMC course.
While it is our intent to supply students with an accurate overview of the class,
please note that the information was used in a previous session and, thus, is
t to change without notice.