Data Marketing Communications
The Data Marketing Communications AOE is intended to provide access to data-driven coursework for IMC students whose career aspirations include utilizing available data as part of a greater integrated marketing communications strategy. Students will be exposed to course work focused in overarching data marketing communications strategy, audience segmentation, campaign planning and programmatic media buying, and campaign metrics and assessment.
You'll learn to:
- Explain the basic principles of marketing, media and digital analytics.
- Discover how metrics and analysis inform business decision making.
- Describe how marketers use current analytic methods such as segmentation, profiling, and RFM to deliver ROI for their clients.
- Distinguish between the different types of primary and secondary data available to marketers from response data, to compiled and crowdsourced data.
- Compare B2B and B2C data requirements and available data modules for targeting, segmentation, and Account Based Marketing.
- Define the programmatic ecosystem and the resources required to execute programmatic buying.
- Identify key performance indicators from a variety of metrics to track the results of a marketing communications campaign.
- Design campaign tracking methods and dashboards to assess and improve effectiveness during the marketing communications campaign and communicate with key stakeholders.
To satisfy the requirements of the Data Marketing Communications Area of Emphasis, a student must complete the four required courses shown above. Three of the courses required for an AOE may also be applied to an IMC student’s elective requirement, with the fourth taken in addition to the general IMC master’s degree requirements. Note, that a cumulative GPA of 2.75 is required for graduation from the IMC program. Courses and grades from the Area of Emphasis will be counted towards a student's cumulative GPA (a C- or better is required in courses, with an overall cumulative GPA of 2.75) in the IMC program.
Questions? Contact our Enrollment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-293-6278.