The Healthcare AOE is intended to prepare IMC students for careers focusing on implementing a comprehensive integrated marketing communications strategy within the healthcare industry. Students will be exposed to course work focused on legal and ethical issues as they apply to healthcare communications via content marketing and utilizing new technologies, including augmented and virtual reality.
You'll learn to:
- Effectively develop healthcare communication campaign plans using an integrated marketing communications strategy.
- Identify the latest ethical considerations and federal guidelines associated with digital and social media marketing activities within the health care space.
- Plan content to utilize in web and social media assets: i.e. b/vlogging, video news letters, short video for social media site production, podcasts, etc. for public education, advocacy and/or corporate purposes.
- Identify target audiences and understand behavior change theories as they relate to healthcare marketing campaign planning for these audiences.
- Recognize how to brand, build credibility, and effectively manage public relations efforts.
- Demonstrate the benefit of cause marketing strategies for corporations, nonprofits and consumers.
- Recognize how AR/VR can be used in IMC campaigns to enhance user experience.
- Develop strategy and learn tactics and techniques that relate to the use of AR/VR technologies within a healthcare marketing communications campaign.
- Evaluate ROI for healthcare communications activities and public interest communication plans.
To satisfy the requirements of the Healthcare Area of Emphasis, a student must complete the four required courses shown above. Three of the courses required for an AOE may also be applied to an IMC student’s elective requirement, with the fourth taken in addition to the general IMC master’s degree requirements. Note, that a cumulative GPA of 2.75 is required for graduation from the IMC program. Courses and grades from the Area of Emphasis will be counted towards a student's cumulative GPA (a C- or better is required in courses, with an overall cumulative GPA of 2.75) in the IMC program.
Questions? Contact our Enrollment Specialist at email@example.com or 304-293-6278.