Consumer Sales Promotion
Course DescriptionOverviews the role that sales promotion plays in IMC. Examines the functions of sales promotion in the marketing process as well as the legal regulations on sales promotion. The course focuses only on consumer promotion.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 617, students will be able to:
- Explain the role of sales promotion as a marketing tool.
- Identify the pros and cons of specific sales promotion tools.
- Learn to plan and implement sales promotions to meet marketing objectives.
- Understand how customer relationship management (CRM) benefits both sellers and customers.
- Learn what an effective CRM program entails.
- Understand how to achieve “buy-in” to CRM from the various departments of your
- Understand the marketing function of salespeople.
- Experience aspects of sales training.
- Learn to bring value to customers and “ask for the order.”
|Topics in this course include:|
|Theories and Strategies in Sales Promotion
|Coupons, Special Packs, Continuity Programs, Sweepstakes, Rebates and Contests
|Premiums, Sampling and Cause-Related Promotions
|Essentials of Customer Relationship Management
|Successfully Implementing CRM Programs
|Understanding the Functions and Issues of the B2B Salesperson
|Direct Sales: Prospecting, Qualifying, Persuading and Bringing Value to the
|Effective Communication and Persuasion Techniques
This information was taken directly from the syllabus of this IMC course. While it is our intent to supply students with an accurate overview of the class, please note that the information was used in a previous session and, thus, is subjec t to change without notice.