Course DescriptionExamines exciting new business developments in mobility, explores fundamental forces that shape the wireless industry, discusses keys to establishing a competitive advantage and examines emerging trends that may indicate where the industry is heading.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 629, students will be able to:
- Identify and discuss key terminology and successful mobile marketing examples.
- Explain how technology and mobile marketing are intertwined.
- Discuss and analyze what makes mobile marketing different from other marketing approaches.
- Explain how the mobile web and mobile applications are monetized and coexist.
- Discuss and analyze how mobile plays a key part in the consumer journey from research to purchase.
- Analyze and produce basic visual mobile communication pieces.
|Topics in this course may include:|
|Mobile 101: Need to Know Terms & History
|What the iPhone Started: Proliferation of High-End Devices
|Mobile Marketing Basics
|Mobile Promotions & Location-Based Marketing
|Mobile Applications vs. The Web
|Privacy & Data Sharing
|4 Screens Approach: Integrating Mobile Marketing
|Measurement: Success Metrics Going Forward
This information was taken directly from the syllabus of this IMC course.
While it is our intent to supply students with an accurate overview of the class,
please note that the information was used in a previous session and, thus, is
subject to change without notice.